Austin, Texas: A Great Place to Call Home
The capital city of Texas, Austin lies in the center of state, 75 miles from San Antonio and less than 200 miles from Houston and Dallas. With a population of 2.3 million people in the metro area, Austin offers the right balance of big city culture and small town charm. While Austin has seen a lot of change in recent years, southern hospitality still runs deep. The diversity here makes it easy to fit into your perfect community, whether it is through work, hobbies or your perfect new neighborhood.
Add to that natural beauty, a thriving economy and a burgeoning creative class, and it is easy to see why Austin is consistently ranked as one of the best places to call home. Thanks to Austin’s beautiful weather there is a plethora of outdoor activities from hiking the Hill Country to paddleboarding in Lake Austin.
And, to the west and north of Austin stretches the gorgeous Texas Hill Country, which offers some of the most beautiful scenery in Texas. Whether you’re looking for a luxury downtown condo, a family home, a lake house or weekend ranch, Austin and the Texas Hill Country and great places to call home.
Raising a Family
- There are over 129 public schools in the Austin Metropolitan area in addition to over 100 private schools. Austin also has opportunities for higher education such as the world renowned University of Texas, or as they put it “What starts here, changes the world.” Austin is also home to St. Edward’s University and Concordia University both of which are great places to continue education.
Texas Hill Country
- With over 100 wineries that are in and around Fredericksburg.
- Johnson City
- Only an hour away from Austin, Johnson City is the perfect weekend getaway to escape the big city lights of Austin.
- Austin claims the title of “Live Music Capital of the World” and backs up it’s name by the consistent festivals, booked out amphitheaters, and tons of saloons and speakeasies.
- Hosted at the Circuit of the Americas, the Formula 1 Races are traditionally held in the later part of the season which makes this specific race a very pivotal in the outcome of which racers head to the championship.
- Trail of Lights
- Hosted at Zilker Park, Trail of Lights features more than a 2 million light display. This tradition is pushing 60 years and has become one of the premium holiday staples in Austin.
- With so many different bar districts, Austin is sure to offer your right taste at a night downtown. From 6th Street to Rainey Street, from the Warehouse District to The Domain, there is something for everyone.
- Austin FC/Hockey
Economy & Industry
- St. Edwards